Summit Autism Services is an organization committed to the treatment of children with special needs, using empirically validated methods in order to assist each child in reaching his or her highest potential, thus improving their quality of life. Our focus is on implementing naturalistic developmental behavioral interventions (NDBIs) for young children with ASD.
In addition to language, behavioral and educational programming, we focus on the needs of the family and its fundamental role in the success of our treatment programs. We are dedicated to providing each family with customized support and training using the principles of applied behavior analysis (ABA) while adhering to the ethical and professional guidelines set forth by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB), the Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI), and the Association of Professional Behavior Analysts (APBA).
- Children are part of families and families have diverse values, cultural backgrounds, expectations and needs
- Children should have the opportunity to maximize their potential to the fullest extent possible
- Supportive, positive teaching environments are critical to learning
- Teaching that builds upon individual strengths and interests, and is based upon reciprocal relationships, facilitates learning
- Evidence-based practices founded in the science of applied behavior analysis (ABA) and its underlying assumptions will lead to the best possible outcomes for children with ASD
Our treatment philosophy is a generalist model that places the value on the combined knowledge of typical child development and the principles of learning. Particular emphasis is placed on addressing the core deficits of ASD: impaired communication, impaired reciprocal social interaction, and restricted and stereotyped patterns of behaviors or interests. We rely on both child development and behavior analytic research to develop individualized treatment plans to help children gain the skills they need to participate in their families and community, to the fullest extent possible, and with the greatest degree of independence.